David L. Olson
David Olson has over 46 years of experience handling family legal issues ranging from complex marital dissolution proceedings to contested child custody matters. He frequently deals with large asset and income cases. He is also experienced with Collaborative family law, which is a way resolving family law disputes without going to court.
David is a long-standing member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, named Super lawyer by Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine, and received an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
David's knowledge, experience, and training in family law are supported by his ability to adjust his representation to the needs of his clients. He is skilled in litigation, as well as negotiation. David assists clients in all aspects of the law relating to the needs of today's families, making every effort to find a quick and cost-effective legal solution for every client.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Minnesota, 1972
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1974
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota,
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA,
- Annual Family Law Update, Co-Author, CLE, 1990-2004
- Domestic Law in Minnesota, Co-Author, National Business Institute, November, 1988
Honors and Awards
- Voted "Super Lawyer", Minnesota Law and Politics Magazines, 2006 - Present
- AV - rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers,
- Minnesota Bar Association,
- Hennepin County Bar Association,
- Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota
- Gamma Eta Gamma